Tea Time today comes with high tides
Looking through my dream journal, I found I’ve been lucid dreaming every 3-4 days. I also have a “nightmare” every week or so. The latest one involved a flying rodent (and I don’t mean a pigeon) entering the house and refusing to leave. Even after I tossed it outside, it glided back in to land on me, waking me up. I noted: “Chipmunk? Flying squirrel?” And burst out laughing this morning when I saw Soren Deier’s Berserk Squirrels Everywhere at ShiftFrequency. The image is much the same, and hilarious amidst the chaos that seems to be breaking out everywhere.
“Magic is natural. It is a harmonious movement of energies to create a needed change. If you wish to practice magic, all thoughts of it being paranormal or supernatural must be forgotten.” – Scott Cunningham
Before I post the usual “tea time” links, I’d like to highlight my own link to this event on FaceBook, in which I’m offering my art, prints, and channeled paintings: The Evolution Market (#2) The items will be on sale from July 14th, Monday.
- 10 Ways to Bypass the Real (Jeff Brown) This is fantastic.
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
- The Arm Circling Meditation I’m still working through the book on Core Energetics (and I love it), and felt validated after Jeff Brown remarked that it is one of his chosen healing methods. Dreamhawk shares methods that come from the same school of working with core energy, and this is a simple enough exercise to try. We don’t usually think of emotional or psychological issues that can be helped by focusing on the body, but the body is part of our experience, and more complex than we know. Exactly a week ago I found myself circling my arms madly because every cycle I completed alleviated the terrible headache I was experiencing–it felt as bad as a migraine. Circle, circle, circle. Mandalas in my healing dreams. There is a lot of power in circles, and with fewer side effects than in pills.
- Earth Heal – The Obesity Era There’s more going on here that meets the eye. Obesity is profitable. For the corporations, that is.
- Schools in San Francisco Implement Meditation & Students’ Happiness and Academic Success Soars
“If every 8-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” — The Dalai Lama
- The Tragedy of Denying Feelings
- How to Deprogram Yourself This is going to be a little “out there” for anyone still deeply ensconced in the mainstream consumer mindset. So while I link to this, I would have listed Meditation as step number one. We live in a world and culture of so many distractions, consciously or subconsciously designed to distract from the fact that there are better, more equitable, and less destructive ways of existence. Anyone who feels more than just momentarily despair and asks constantly “but what can we doooo…?” has not gone inside deeply enough. Once you have, however, the realisation of all the limiting programming received over one’s life is brought to the fore. Breaking through those limits stops one asking “what can I do?” because the answer is: Anything. With the right consciousness. At the same time, I’ve seen many people try meditation, and get frustrated at the patience it requires. It’s easier to watch cat videos and stuff our frustrations down. Yet this is exactly how this artificial, controlled and disempowering world is designed. All we need is to do to start breaking out of the programming is to take a walk outside, and sit quietly with ourselves, and get used to it. The answers are inside. Our bodies may not have come with the user manuals we expected, but the manuals are there.
Much love till the next post.