At the time of writing my previous entry on (milder) misogyny, I’d had no idea of the details of the last mass shooting in the US. It’s a sad state of affairs that all I could think of when I heard about it was that I didn’t need the details, and that it was probably another privileged white male. Some things you don’t have to be psychic to know.
Odd mix of links, but then again, this is my usual range of reading material. I don’t even include channelings.
- Everything is Broken But maybe not how you were thinking.
- Dr. Habib Sadeghi on Emotional Erosion (a little further down the page)
Some of us are never given the tools to get through life’s traumas. In a perfect world, it’s our parents who comfort us as children, teaching us how to self-regulate our emotions. Unfortunately, crying and anger aren’t always met with compassion, and so we learn how to repress our feelings to avoid the consequences. We teach our children—especially young girls—to be people pleasers from a very young age, choosing emotional responses that are agreeable rather than authentic.
- J.R.R. Tolkien Reveals TRUE Meaning Of ‘The Lord Of The Rings’ In Unearthed Audio Recording
(The “revelations” actually won’t be much news to literature students of his work, I think. The new-found audio recordings of him speaking are exciting stuff though.)
- Nuke Cancer from 9/11 Revealed I’d had no idea “toxic soup” was still accepted as an explanation.
- Piketty paranoia: Why conservatives are suddenly terrified of revolution
The oligarchs hope that Americans will be so tired, so pumped full of Xanax, so terrified, that they will remain in their places. They hope that we will watch the rich cavorting on reality shows and set ourselves to climbing the economic ladder instead of seeing that the rungs have been kicked away.
- Ascension Angel’s Amazing Miracle Broth Looks like a good one for my vegan days.
Proper post will come after I get on top of my work. It’s been busy around here lately!